What are the Different Types of Commercial Doors?
There are many different types of commercial doors, each with its own unique benefits. One of the most popular types of commercial doors is the rolling door. Rolling doors are perfect for businesses that need to move large amounts of product or equipment in and out of their facility. These doors can be opened and closed manually or with the help of an automated system. Another popular type of commercial door is the sectional door. Sectional security doors are composed of several sections that slide open and closed independently of each other. This type of door is perfect for businesses that need to have different areas of their facility that can be accessed independently.
- Roll-up doors: Roll-up doors are often used in garages, warehouses, and other industrial settings. They are made of interlocking metal slats that roll up or down to open or close the door. They can be opened manually or with an automatic opener.
- Sliding doors: Sliding doors are often used in retail settings, such as stores or restaurants. They can be made of glass, metal, or wood, and they slide open and closed on a track. They can be used as interior or exterior doors, and they are often used in high-traffic areas because they take up less space than traditional swinging doors.
- Swing doors: Swing doors are the most common type of door commercial overhead doors supplier and they are often used in office buildings, hotels, and other commercial settings. They swing open and closed on hinges. Swing doors can be either single or double. A single swing door has one door leaf that swings open, while a double swing door has two leaves that open in the middle. They come in a variety of different styles, including single-leaf, double-leaf, and revolving.
- Revolving doors: Revolving doors are often used in office buildings and other commercial settings. They consist of several interlocking doors that rotate around a central axis. The doors are usually made of glass, and they may be clear or frosted. Revolving doors are typically used to control the flow of people in and out of a building. They can also be used to control airflow and temperature.
- Fire doors: These doors are made of fire-resistant materials and are often used in office buildings, schools, and other commercial settings. They are designed to prevent the spread of fire and smoke. Fire-resistant doors are often made of metal, glass, or a combination of both. They may also be equipped with a self-closing mechanism to help prevent the spread of fire. They are usually made of metal or a fire-resistant material like fiberglass.
The type of door that is right for your business will depend on your specific needs. If you need a door that can be opened and closed quickly and easily, a rolling door is a good option. If you need a door that can be accessed from different areas of your facility, a sectional door is a good option. If you need a door that is fire resistant, a fire door is a good option.